As we say goodbye to yet another year and welcome in the new, I would like to share my hopes, dreams, and goals for the new year. I do not do resolutions, I’ve always been one to break the rules even if they are my own. So the more restrictions/limits I put on myself, the better the odds are that I will fail. As you all know, I have enough #fail moments already, no need to set myself up for disaster!
It has been a few years since I’ve actually stayed awake to watch the ball drop. Back in the day, midnight on New Year’s Eve, would be just when the party would be getting going. Not anymore! I do have to say I don’t miss those days one bit. Don’t get me wrong, the nights were so much fun, and I loved being with friends. However, we have all, officially grown up (well most of us).
Around this time of year I now reminisce about the year that is passing, along with what I really want for myself and family for the new year. I make wishes and send prayers to those that have had a hard year, hoping that the new year will be better for them. This years list seems to be extra long.
I want to share with all of you some of my goals for 2017 in hopes it will hold me somewhat responsible to working hard towards them.
- Lose Weight: I know most people always have high hopes of this goal. It is so hard to be disciplined and eat the right things, but that is what I want to do in this year. It’s not just for me anymore, it’s about being in good health for my kids too.
- Find More Balance: Work, family, friends, fun, and rest, are all things I am having a very difficult time trying to balance. With being spread too thin, I feel as though no area in my life is getting the time/effort that is needed for success.
- Stress Less: Much easier said than done! In the past couple of months I have been having issues with bursts of high blood pressure. Why?… because I am stressed in every area of my life. Family, work, being mom to 2 toddlers and stepmom to 1 teenager. I am completely exhausted, there are no words to describe how tired and run down I feel. I am sure this can not be good for one’s health.
- Say No More: Feeling obligated to say yes to everything can weigh you down. I need to say no to more things I don’t want to do and yes to more that will bring joy and happiness.
- Making This Blog A Priority: Writing for my blog is something I love doing. It’s therapeutic, sharing the craziness that is my life! You the readers, only hear about my children and husband. If you knew about the rest of my family, you would die! Who knows maybe they could be good writing material as well… There are so many possibilities with blogging. I’ve had some success in my first year, but I want more, a lot more. They say do something you love and you will never work a day in your life. That is my goal! It has been pretty cool lately to see and hear people that are “following” my blog. Apparently my boys are hysterical, and people love telling me how my stories give them a good laugh. Some of our friends enjoy the “hell” they are putting us through.
- Declutter & Finish Projects: My house drives me crazy! It always seems to be in shambles. We have projects that have not been completed going on 5 years. We have other projects that need to get started. We have so much stuff that just needs to go. My husband is a pack rat who doesn’t throw anything away, makes me crazy! I need more organization in order to provide a little less stress.
- Postpartum Depression: I want to shed more light on this subject. Share my experiences, and advice. It affects 1 in 5 women so we all probably know someone who has experienced it.
There you have it. My intentions for 2017. I would love to hear yours!!!!!!